Monday, October 1, 2007

My muse

So, I have this muse. I have not named it. Nor do I have any cute depictions of its appearance. I only know that it is untamed, and perhaps untamable. But, sometimes, it appears when I least expect and I find myself fumbling for paper and pencil in the dark of my bedroom, or up at 3:00 a.m. typing on a keyboard.

My goal is not really to control my muse, as I sense that to be a fool's errand. I would, however, appreciate it if my muse kept more regular hours. Nonetheless, I love my muse and wish to keep it happy and well fed.

In part, that is one reason for this blog. You see, I believe that a well-fed muse is a happy muse. And a happy muse keeps churning out new ideas and inspirations, which is a must for a minister.

Why a pizzatorium? Well, pizzeria, pizza parlor, and pizza palace are all rather common names. Pizzatorium possesses just that hint of authority - sort of like calling a podium a pulpit. And, given the choice of only one type of food on a desert island (or however else you would like to phrase the question), I would choose pizza (specifically Mineo's Pizza, from here in Pittsburgh).

So, if you have a muse that keeps you up all hours, despair not. Like teenagers, it is their job to push your buttons and challenge your paradigms. Embrace your muse.

And feed it regularly.

No comments: